Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pain

I was helping out with the highschool kids, playing basketball, getting all sweaty, when one of the older kids, Jeremiah, jumped for the ball and then lay on the ground, moaning and giving out almost screams. Some of the kids thought he was playing, because he had the kind of cocky personality that would put on that kind of show. But he wasn't. Eventually, we took him to the hospital, after carrying him and his twisted ankle (perhaps dislocated) into the car. I was reminded once again that I have rairly faced much serious physical pain in my life. Dehibilitating pain. So that you can hardly think anything except perhaps little cries for help, like a baby. Perhaps someday I will understand this pain personally, instead of simply through watching others suffer, but I hope that nonetheless God will grant me some level of gut wrenching compassion ("to suffer with") for those who feel pain this way.

No comments: