Wednesday, July 09, 2008

More thoughts on Romantic love

Needless to say, I do have a desire to be married at some point, but that desire is matched and exceeded by my desire to be used by God among the little and the poor of the world. With the exception of Kagawa, most of the other ministers among the poor that I either know or have read about either never married or were married late (around the age of forty or later). I don't want to wait that long, so I suppose what I really want is to continue learning and growing in God's love through living with His beloved poor and to meet someone who is just as passionate to live similarly (if not a desire to sleep with the homeless than a desire to pour her heart out in the slums because of Jesus). I want a partner in this, but I also realize that my desire for simplicity and incarnational living must be values in her heart as well.

No comments: