Monday, October 24, 2005

Perfect Timing

This morning, I slept in too much. But, thankfully, my laziness was matched by God's faithfulness. At approximately 10:31, after I had taken a shower and risen from my bed of sloth, I was suddenly reminded of the fact That MY CaR Was STilL OuTsiDE On the WrONG SiDE OF ThE CURB! After plunging my hand into my jean shorts pocket for my keys and shoving the door aside on its hinge , I ran outside and saw the large behemoth of a sidewalk cleaner truck lumbering rather quickly around the corner. Racing to my car I jumped in and pulled it into our driveway just 10 seconds before the truck would have smashed my poor car into a smoking hulk. Thankfully, I didn't get the 30 big-ones ticket (cause it would have really screwed me up, being that I am worth about 40 dollars in cash right now!).
This seemingly insignificant little incident reminded me of just how awesome God is. I really needed that today.

No comments: