Wednesday, October 05, 2005

David

David (see last post) showed up at work today again. He wolfed down the cheese on the pizza i gave him, leaving behind the crunchy crust remains. Once again, he challenged me with Scripture, exhorting me to play the man and put on the full armor of God. He knows the Bible so well, having spent many hours in the park pouring over it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the Bible better than most Bible college students.
He told me that he recites these verses every day to encourage himself:

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day. (Prov. 4:18)
And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. (Dan. 12:3)

Oh that you and I could lead many to righteousness in the short span of our lives!

No comments: