Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sad cycle of pain

Today I ran into my friend that I mentioned in the Amazing Grace post last week (the one we stayed up late into the night talking and praying with). I greeted him and gave him a hug out of my joy in seeing him, not realizing until afterwards that I was being a little too eager. Especially because he didn't seem to want to talk to me. I realized in thinking about it afterwards that it's the same way I feel after I've committed some sin--especially if it's a sin that I've struggled with for a while. Anyways, it grieved me that he didn't want to talk about it--but I know that there is deep shame in drugs--especially when you've told your friends that you are going to quit. I hope and pray that he would not think it is ever too late to go back home to Dad, no matter how recently he's last used.

No comments: