Monday, November 13, 2006

Road Warriors

Last night Gus and I went to a night drop in center called Road Warriors, where they served pizza and other random leftovers for a group of teenagers and early twenty-somethings. I saw Tiffany there (the girl I happened to hitch a ride up to Portland with, although her dog wasn't there). Unfortunately, we were not able to talk, because she was pretty engrossed in the movie that they were showing (Freddie Vs. Jason). I was absolutely thrilled when I heard that they were going to play that movie, and I literally jumped out of my pants in my delirious excitement. After pulling my pants back on, I decided I'd rather hang out with people than watch it (I hate horror movies with a deep passion). Fortunately, Gus and I got to hang out with Johnnie, one of the guys who came to the Bible study held at Sarah's house. He decided he would camp out with us, which was cool, so there were three of us sleeping on our tarp last night. He works at a telephone survey call center, and has only been homeless for the last four months, but during that time has contracted scabies, the flu, and other nasty things. He recommended to not sleep in the shelters because of the possibility of getting bugs like lice or scabies. One time, he spent a whole night in a corner huddled because he couldn't sleep in his sleeping bag, for fear of spreading the scabies onto it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey man....i'm glad you are safe ad provided for. its great to read your blog posts. Watch out for them scabies man. oooooo owwwww sssss...