Monday, August 04, 2008

Including people

One of the purposes of this blog is to help me get out some of my frustrations with myself. Recently, I was talking with an old college buddy and he mentioned to me that one of his frustrations with me was that when we were in a group together, he felt left out by me. It was more complicated than that, and there were other issues involved, but I think this must be one of my weaknesses because the same thing happened this weekend when I went on a camping trip with my coworkers from the LA Homeless Services Coalition. I spent most of my time hanging out with a couple new friends I just made, and neglected to make an intentional effort to spend time with some of my old friends, especially one in particular, who felt hurt by my lack of attention given to her. I am a little surprised by these two examples, because I had always prided myself in my ability to include people. But I'm so glad that I have recieved these warnings so close to eachother, so that by God's mercy I won't let something like this happen again. Yet I know I will, most likely, so I must cling to the One who never leaves any of us behind.

No comments: