Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chris

A couple days ago I was chilling outside of the local police department (just because I needed a place to sit while I waited for a friend) and a white guy walks out muttering under his breath (but loud enough for me to hear) "I just can't take it anymore, I can't stop, I can't take it anymore." I looked at him, and he looked at me, and I asked him what the problem was. "I can't stop."
"What can't you stop?"
"Heroin."
I talked with him for the next five minutes encouraging him to seek Christ and gave him my number. I also mentioned the church I've been going to, and he seemed really interested, because I told him that it's the kind of church that accepts people whoever they are--homeless, gay, yuppie, black, white, latino, whoever. I hope he calls me, and I'm praying that God will give him enough realization of his need that he will seek more help.

3 comments:

Rachel Dawn Kornfield said...

amen.

Gigi said...

Did he call you?

Rachel Dawn Kornfield said...

Have you seen the Manhattan Declaration yet? www.manhattandeclaration.org. Its amazing.