Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Moving from Azusa street

Three nights ago, I was woken up by one of the quasi cops (the city hires people who wear purple shirts to go around downtown to help out the cops) who told me that I wouldn't be allowed to sleep there anymore due to an increased number of break-ins in the area (because I wasn't technically sleeping in the appropriate sleeping zone for the homeless in downtown). I'm bummed, because I really enjoyed sleeping on Azusa street--it was a little secluded, it was easy to attach my bag to a nearby pole, and it has sentimental value to me now (partially due to the fact that the Pentecostal revival happened on that street back in the day). I'm not sure where I'm gonna sleep tonight, but I'll find somewhere different--I've got a lot of options!

No comments: