Monday, June 30, 2008

Back in LA

I'm back in LA now--I slept outside in skid row after saying goodbye to my friend in Lincoln Heights and took a short metro rail to downtown LA. I had a good idea where I wanted to sleep--close to skid row, but not on one of the busy streets. I also wanted to find out whether the Reformation House of prayer was still running--I eventually found it, but it was locked (it used to be open 24/7) So I have to volunteer to run a shift, then I can get access to it. I think it will be a helpful routine for me to get up at 6 am and go there for a shift, then get cleaned up somewhere before volunteering at Central City Community Church to work with kids afterschool. That's the plan--yes indeed.

1 comment:

yajeev said...

i'm glad you're blogging again. was great to see you a coupla months ago.